It’s everyone’s favorite time of the year- the holidays!! Holiday music is playing on the radio, stores have the best sales and you got invited to lots of holiday parties. You have bills to pay and usually extra expenses during this time of year so how will you keep yourself productive and get your work done?
5 Tips To Holiday Productivity
- Stay on your regular work schedule– If you normally go to sleep at 11pm and rise at 6am to get your day going continue to do so. Having a schedule is key to keeping you on task and focused. If you attend a holiday party during the week make sure that you limit your drinks. If you over do it you know how you will feel the next morning.
- Plan ahead– If you know that you have the kids home from school during Christmas week and you will be busy and distracted then plan to take a few days off. Let your clients know ahead of time when you will be out of the office so that they won’t be calling you about a project that they need done yesterday! Set your schedule and make it clear to everyone.
- Make lists and prioritize– Get all of your tasks, personal and professional written down. Once you get commitments written down they will be out of your mind and you can focus. Leave yourself a little wiggle room just in case you get invited to that last minute holiday party that you know will be a great place for you to make new connections.
- Start working on your year end tasks early– The end of 2015 will be here in a blink of the eye. Get moving on tasks so that you will be proud of all of your accomplishments on Dec 31st. This will help to put you in a great mind set for 2016!!!
- Don’t over commit– With all of the parties, gift exchanges and holiday fun it is often difficult to stay focused. Carefully pick and choose which events are important for you to attend. You don’t have to go to every event and it is perfectly fine to say no.
Remember that the holidays should be a joyful time of year. If you run yourself ragged you will not have the energy to do your work, network with other entrepreneurs, AND enjoy all of the beauty of the holiday season!!